27 June 2019
The most important thing for this WG
Agriculture address number of technical standardisation effort inside of OGC, we need made link between Agriculture DWG and Technical groups
Key topics recognized during meeting
- Semantic, Ontologies and Linked Data (not only Open Linked Data) – in this direction seems to be important build harmonized models for soil and parcels (plot information). JSON formats, WFS 3.0 and other activities has to bee consider
- Trust and security of information and methods of data sharing
- New visualization methods including 3D
- Metadata standard and linkage of metadata and data using new standards GeoDCAT IP, etc., how to search metadata using search engines
- IoT technology and standardization in this domain
- Maps as object in relation to An Open Format Linking Geospatial Web Services and Information
- Mobile access and citizens science methods or VGI methods
- Cloud and HPC computing
- FAIR data principles
- EO is one from key sources of information for agriculture
- ISOBUS and standards for machinery monitoring
Current situation in Europe
- In Europe is number of large projects, which can contribute to standardization effort
- We need use potential of this project to help implementing standards in agriculture
- Organize similar event on next TC meeting in Canada with focus on research and commercial activities on Amrerican continent
- Build strong link with Asia, Australia and New Zeeland (we had presentation on this meeting)
- Organize regular virtual meetings focused on single topics like semantic, IoT and prepare from this meetings suggestion for next TC meetings
- Elaborate ideas and look for sponsors for Precision Farmin Test Beds
Dear farmers, experts of agro-food industry and all of you who participate in food production
As a result of your work, we have on our table milk, cheese and ham with eggs every day. Please help us to fill in this questionnaire in order to propose to the European Commission a strategy how to improve the use of Earth observation (EO) data for the benefit of you and all of us.
Our research team consisting of 11 organizations from seven EU countries. More details can be found at http://eo4agri.eu/node/3.
We would be grateful if you could spend 10 minutes of your time to fill in this questionnaire and we will try to improve the quality of information for food production and food safety in the near future.
Thank you in advance for completing the questionnaire
Karel Charvát, Václav Šafář, Miguel Ángel Esbri
You can open the questionnaire in another tab: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQ LSclses5 2F4Yes0I_hVvpFMSAjmEk17c9NYXZUpb1xMc8Rd8xw/formResponse
Club of Ossiach and PROGIS are excited to announce the 6th AGRIFUTRE DAYS will be taking place in Vienna, Austria, on 17th December 2018. Kindly find preliminary agenda and registration form here: www.progis.com/agrifuturedays2018
This year’s AgriFuture Day, taking place 1 day before the EU-Africa Forum www.eu2018.at, will bring together senior executives and experts from science and economy concerning rural management, technology providers, and leading financial service providers, to discuss the latest challenges and developments making an impact on planning and management of the agro-forest-environment sector globally, topically with focus on Europe and Africa.
A quick update about the most important news:
PROGIS could move forward technologically in cooperation with GI GmbH (Geomatic Intelligence), PROGIS International (financing group) as well asthe Vienna-based Club SDCC (SAFER digital country Consortium – new-founded Club aiming group to synergetic selected companies that have expertise and / or technologies for planning, management or control of rural areas and focus to the needs of agriculture, forestry, environment or related sectors). Synergetic partners are welcome.
This is expressed in new EU projects in co-operation with ATOS (largest IT group of Europe) and Internet project development with Microsoft´s azure platform, as well as integration of the new EU-Sentinel II satellite images and others with EO4AGRI(bringing together the knowledge for better agriculture monitoring) supports EC activities in the field of satellite imagery all over the world, as well as their impact on planning and management of agro – forestry and environmental tasks and EC subsidies for agriculture and forestry.
Beside single users we focus on entire country solutions to integrate all user-groups. With IDIMA (IDentification of IMAges) as WinGIS module, an IT tool, which can overtake the analysis and automatic digitization of images, will be ready beginning 2019. With the product in conjunction with images it will in future be possible, to be able to identify, analyze, evaluate and digitize global ecological problems. For this purpose, it is planned to establish a training centre with the Club of Ossiach www.clubofossiach.org in Austria. The Club of Ossiach participates in the EU project EUXDAT (European e-infrastructure for extreme data analytics in sustainable development) www.euxdat.eu .