Dubrovnik INSPIRE Hackathon 2020 – ”Leveraging interoperable frameworks, artificial intelligence and citizen science for Sustainable Development Goals”
This is the fifth year of the INSPIRE Hackathon. The workshop scheduled on 11 JUNE at 11 AM CEST aims to present the hackathon results and award top three teams of the Dubrovnik INSPIRE Hackathon 2020.
The hackathon stared before the INSPIRE 2020 Online Conference already at the end of February 2020. The hackathon itself and the team work was done remotely.
The Dubrovnik INSPIRE Hackathon 2020 is in line with the motto of the INSPIRE Conference – “Bringing sustainability and digitalisation together”. The hackathon is co-organised and supported by the H2020 WeObserve project that aims to create a sustainable ecosystem for Citizen Observatories for environmental monitoring and improve coordination between related regional, european and international activities.
The goal of the hackathon is to promote collaboration and sharing of experience in the domain of spatial data/services and citizen-science while showcasing their utilisation and uptake to different application domains and themes. This includes supporting the Sustainable Development Goals.
The topics of the INSPIRE Hackathon 2020 include:
- Artificial Intelligence solutions with integrated use of citizen science data
- Demonstrating interoperability between citizen-science tools and datasets while leveraging innovative protocols, standards and frameworks
- Facilitating integration between citizen-science and existing infrastructures/systems for environmental monitoring
- Artificial Intelligence and citizen science applied for the agricultural sector (EO4AGRI)
- Showcasing integration between INSPIRE, GEOSS, COPERNICUS and citizen-science data, focusing on standardisation, web APIs and novel processing frameworks (i.e. machine learning), towards the creation of added value applications.
Are you interested in results of the Dubrovnik INSPIRE Hackathon? Do not hesitate to register for this final presentation of results & awards ceremony!