The planning for RDA’s 17th plenary is well underway, and we would like to bring a few exciting news and key deadlines to your attention:
- Despite the welcome news regarding vaccination programmes being rolled out in the UK and around the world, the uncertainty around in-person events is still unfortunately ongoing. Therefore, in the interest of this community’s safety and to allow for more clarity around session preparations, RDA’s 17th Plenary will be a fully virtual event. Following the success of Virtual Plenaries 15 and 16, we are confident and excited about yet another engaging event bringing the community together in April 2021.
- The call for breakout session submissions has been extended until 26 January, 23:59 UTC. You can submit your application for Working and Interest Group Sessions, Joint Meetings and Birds of a Feather sessions by completing the submission forms available here: https://www.rd-alliance.org/
- A draft programme structure for RDA’s 17th Plenary meeting is now available at https://www.rd-alliance.org/
rdas-17th-plenary-meeting- programme-structure to assist with session preparation and provide more information around the timings of the plenary.
- As in previous plenaries, you will be able to present your poster during dedicated time slots in the programme, social and coffee breaks, as well as at a dedicated poster exhibition area on the VP17 virtual platform. Submit your poster abstract by 26 March, 23:59 UTC: https://www.rd-alliance.org/
- Planning a virtual event? If your event will be focused on showcasing your data-related work and/or synergizing with other data experts, co-locating with VP17 will provide you an excellent opportunity to meet these objectives. Your event can take place virtually on the 19th or 23rd of April 2021. To co-locate with RDA for VP17 simply submit your application before 12 February, 23:59 UTC: https://www.rd-alliance.org/
- As the programme develops and more speakers are confirmed, more information will become available at https://www.rd-alliance.org/
rda-17th-plenary-meeting- speakers. Make sure to check the profiles for our two scheduled keynote talks by Dr Jeni Tennison and Professor Richard Gold.
- Similarly to VP16, a nominal fee will be requested to attend RDA VP17. More information on registration and fees will follow in the next few weeks. Stay tuned!
For any questions please contact email@example.com.