This week is very important for the data & AI community in Europe, since BDVA is running the flagship event European Big Data Value Forum. The event counts on a great set of sessions and speakers. You can find more information about the event here.
Registration for this virtual event is for free and available here.
I would like to invite you to join the session “Data Driven Innovation in the Agrifood sector: where are we?” that will be held on Thursday 5 November at 14:00-15:30 CET.
The session will present some relevant data initiatives in the sector (DEMETER, NIVA, AI4EU, DataBio, DjustConnect…) including the perspective of the farmers (WFO, Coldiretti) and will discuss on how Common Data Spaces for Agriculture should look like. For this we will count on the following set of speakers:
- Nuria Lama (Parallel session chair) European Programmes Manager, Member of the Board of Directors of BDVA, Atos Research and Innovation
- Ana Antunes (Speaker) Agronomist, SmartRural S.L
- Giorgio Micheletti (Speaker)
Consulting Director, IDC
- Arne Berre (Speaker) SINTEF and NorwAI
- Ioanna Roussaki (Speaker) Assistant Professor, National Technical University of Athens
- Panos Ilias (Speaker) IT Business Analyst – DjustConnect, ILVO
- Sander Jenssen (Speaker) Team Lead, Wageningen Environmental Research, Team Earth informatics
- Luisa Volpe (Speaker) Head of Policy Development, World Farmers Organisation
- Rita Gentili (Speaker) Coldiretti
Join this session on Thursday, contribute to the discussion and help to raise the interest of applying Data and AI technologies to the Agriculture and Food sectors.