The INSPIRE Hack 2017 was finalised on Tuesday 5th September 2017 at the INSPIRE Conference 2017. We had in total 11 teams working on interesting projects using open data, volunteered geographic information and citizen observatories.
All 11 teams presented their results to the audience and to the jury. The jury members included:
- Karen Fullerton, Joint Research Centre of the European Commission, Digital Economy Unit, Italy
- Jitka Faugnerová, Czech Environmental Information Agency, Czech Republic
- Marie-Francoise Voidrot, Open Geospatial Consortium, France
Each team was evaluated by the jury based on the following criteria:
- INSPIRE, COPERNICUS and GEOSS relevance
- Environmental/societal value
As a result the jury announced the three best teams/applications of the INSPIRE Hack 2017:
- TEAM 4 – 3D Open Land Use (Leader:Karel Jedlicka/University of West Bohemia)
- TEAM 8 – Geospatial User Feedback (Leader: Joan Masó/CREAF-UAB)
- TEAM 5 – Linked Data Generation (Leader: Raul Palma/PSNC)
The winner obtained a possibility to write a joint article that will be submitted to the International Journal of Spatial Data Infrastructures Research (http://ijsdir.jrc.ec.europa.eu/), free webinar from BLB (http://blb.as/) and propagation of the application through Plan4all, DataBio, NextGEOSS and SKIN websites and social media.
You can find all the presentations of the 11 hack teams at http://www.plan4all.eu/inspire-hack-2017/.